To be the person my dog thinks I am
I had a dog in my childhood and adolescence. My dog may have thought I was the best person alive. Why do I think so? Mostly because he behaved like I was that person.
- He was always happy when he saw me.
- He was like Ted Lasso’s goldfish with 10 second memory. He forgave me instantly, even when I forgot to feed him or walk him. He behaved like it never happened.
- He unconditionally trusted me. Especially when we went to the vet. He calmed down when I calmed him down.
- He enjoyed the simple times when he was just next to me.
- He was frank and straight-forward. He didn’t hide his cheer, anger, pain, or fear.
- He always stood by me and defended me when he thought I may have been in danger.
I have second thoughts. It’s me who would like to be like my dog.
Written in Difree | Graphics thanks to #dalle